Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Currently Reading | February 2015

I'm the type of reader who prefers to read one book at a time. Well, sometimes that doesn't work out the way I want it to! I thought it would be fun to share with you the four (yes, four) books that I am currently reading, or about to start reading this weekend.



The Master of Misrule (The Game of Triumphs, #2) by Laura Powell

The first book I'm reading is the sequel to The Game of Triumphs, which I just reviewed HERE. This is the second book in a young adult, urban fantasy duology. I'm really enjoying this world, which co-exists with current day London. It's so cool how the author created a game using Tarot cards. I never know what is going to happen next, so it's really fun to turn the pages and discover what our characters will be mixed up in, in the next chapter.



Trigger Warning by Neil Gaiman

This is a short story collection that I got for review from Edelweiss. I've never read any Neil Gaiman before, so I was excited for the opportunity to review Trigger Warning. I've been reading a story or two before I go to bed, and I have to say I'm surprised so far. The stories are really well written, and I quite enjoy Gaiman's voice. However, even though they may be weird and creepy, none of the stories so far have required a trigger warning. I'm easily scared, so that's saying something! I'm interested to see how the stories continue.


Finding Harry Styles by GB Hope

You're probably wondering why I'm reading a book with the name Harry Styles in the title. Well, I saw this book on NetGalley and just had to grab it. I laughed at the cover, and figured it would be a fun contemporary about a huge One Direction fan. Boy, was I wrong! This is a post-apocalyptic story where all of a sudden, the power goes out, all cars stop running, and people go crazy. I'm about 25% through this Ebook, which I'm reading on my commute when the trains are quiet. It's not great, but I'm interested to see what's going to happen!


Getting to Yes by Roger Fisher and William Ury

Last but not least, I will be picking up Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In this weekend. One of my professors gave the class brand new copies of this book and is requiring us to read it. I'm actually quite excited to pick this up, because I've heard great things about it. Everyone could use some good negotiation skills, so definitely pick this up if you're looking to talk your way into a lower price for that new car, or a higher wage for your new job!

Those are the four books that I'm currently reading! I don't know when I'll be finishing any of them, but you will definitely see reviews for each book upon completion. Please let me know what you are currently reading in the comments!

This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. All opinions are my own. See my Disclosure Policy for more information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment