This week, my college back home is on spring break, so I traveled up to Long Island to visit my friend Kathleen. The trip took me about a total of two hours, but half of that is on the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) which is a lot nicer and more comfortable than the subway that I'm used to. It was really nice to get out of the city to a suburb, and to meet Kathleen's family. On Saturday night they made me a really nice dinner of lemon chicken, brown rice, and green beans. It was absolutely delicious! For dessert we had chocolate fondue with bananas and raspberries (also delicious). I really liked having a sit-down, family dinner with them. Her parents and brother are really nice. I also really liked the setup of her house. It had cool levels in it, and lots of great colors for the walls and carpeting. I kept thinking of how much my sister-in-law would have liked their antique style lamps and green furniture!
After dinner, we met up with one of Kathleen's friends from high school and went to see the movie "No Strings Attached" with Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman. The movie was pretty cute. It's still weird to see Ashton play someone else other than Kelso from That 70's Show, though. I was also pretty excited when we saw the preview for The Hangover II. I cannot wait to see that movie!
When we got back to her house we played some Wii sports before going to bed. I was lucky and got to sleep on a pull-out couch in my own room! I also thought it was really funny that the comforter I used was the same patterned Minnie Mouse one as my bedroom set that I have at home from when I was little.

This morning, Kathleen took me to have my first New York bagel experience. It wasn't too much unlike other bagel shops I've been to, except in New York you don't get your bagel toasted because it's hot from just coming out of the oven. I had honey whole wheat with cream cheese. After bagels, we hung out at her house for a while before I had to take the train back to the city. Although it was a quick visit, I really enjoyed Long Island. Thank you to Kathleen and her family for having me!
No comments:
Post a Comment