| This weekend I made my first trip back to New England since being in New York City. I went back to school for some College Democrats events, but also to visit my friends who hadn't gone away for the semester. It was a bit weird being back after living "city" life for the past month, but it was really nice to see everyone. Despite the long travel (I left my house in NYC at 7:15am on Friday and made it to school at 3:00pm) it was definitely worth it to go away for the weekend. On Friday night, the College Democrats and I went to a dinner at Tufts University to meet Governor Patrick of MA. We had the honor of attending as we placed in second during a voter registration competition in the fall. The only downfall to the evening was the traffic- it took us two hours to make a 45 minute drive! Nonetheless, it was great to be recognized for all of the hard work that our chapter does throughout the year, and to meet the Governor. Here is a picture of us with him: ![]() Saturday it was brutally cold outside (thanks, Massachusetts!!) but my friends and I decided to do some shopping at the Wrentham Outlets. Despite the cold, we each found some great deals. I got a new Guess peacoat valued at $200 for only $43! My friends each got a pair of boots for great prices as well. To top off our purchases, we stopped by the candy store and got some chocolates. Who could pass up 4 bags of Lindt truffles for a total of $10?! Then, back at school we had one of my favorite meals "pastabilities" and went back to our (or, I suppose, "their") dorm for a girls movie night complete with our favorite dessert- fro-yo. I tried a new flavor, York Mint with chocolate. It was delicious! For movies we chose Valentine's Day (very cute!) and the Italian Job. I unfortunately fell asleep during the middle of the Italian Job, as my sleep schedule is now opposite the average college student's. I'm not used to staying up past 10 or 11 anymore! Today, Sunday, we went to the cafeteria for brunch, and before I knew it again I was hopping on the shuttle so I could catch the bus back to NYC, where I'm actually writing this from! I was lucky enough to catch the 1:30 bus even though I payed for a 2:30 ticket. That way I won't be getting back to the house too late tonight. Tomorrow I have the day off from work, and I don't even have to go to class because it's President's Day (although I have to go on Tuesday night instead). I'm looking forward to relaxing and working on some publicity stuff for one of my internships. I also have to do some grocery shopping as I haven't gone in a while thanks to the large amount of food my parents mailed to me. I also want to thank the lovely ladies of Suite 103 (and Kathleen, of course!) for housing me and letting me use their HillCards, since mine is currently frozen. Hopefully you'll be able to visit me in New York sometime soon! |
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Back to New England
Labels:
college democrats,
deval patrick,
ma,
massachusetts,
movie night,
new england,
new york,
new york city,
nyc,
pastabilities,
shopping,
tufts,
tufts university,
valentine's day,
voter registration,
wrentham outlets
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment