Friday, September 12, 2014

Book Review | The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa (Blood of Eden Trilogy, Book 2)

WARNING: THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR THE FIRST BOOK IN THE BLOOD OF EDEN TRILOGY, THE IMMORTAL RULES. PLEASE SEE MY NON-SPOILER REVIEW OF THE IMMORTAL RULES HERE.


Today I'm continuing on with my reviews of the Blood of Eden Trilogy by Julie Kagawa with my thoughts on the second book in the series, The Eternity Cure. This review will remain spoiler free, but I only recommend reading this if you've read the first book in the series.

The Eternity Cure follows Allison after she leaves the humans in Eden. She is on the hunt for Kanin, as her blood tie is alerting her that something is wrong, and he may be nearby. But to Allison's surprise, her blood tie leads her to another vampire that she must befriend in order to help find her father and save him from whatever it is that is tormenting him. What follows is an exciting and adventurous journey that reads like a horror novel.

I know my summary is a bit vague, but I think it's best to go into The Eternity Cure not knowing much. The Eternity Cure is definitely my favorite book in the series! It's funny and dark at the same time, and the characters are awesome. My one criticism with The Eternity Cure is that there are a few inconsistencies in the story between this book and The Immortal Rules. These inconsistencies don't have an effect on the overall plot, but were quite noticeable to me when I read the books back to back. This is definitely an editing mistake, and it takes a bit of credibility away from the author when I can notice these holes in the story. Nonetheless, I rated The Eternity Cure a 4.5 stars out of 5 on Goodreads, and would have given it a full 5 stars had it not been for those inconsistencies.

If you've read The Immortal Rules and you are debating whether or not to continue on with the series, I think you really should! The Eternity Cure contains some background information to refresh the reader where the story is headed, so you don't need to worry about rereading the first book. You can purchase The Eternity Cure on Amazon HERE. Stay tuned for my review of the last book in the series, and, of course, let me know your thoughts in the comments!

I use Amazon Affiliate links so you can find the books I mention easily. All opinions are my own. See my Disclosure Policy for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment