Friday, April 11, 2014

Book Cake Tag!

I've recently added a new element to OpenLetter2NYC, and that is books! I thought the Book Cake Tag (see original video HERE) would be a fun way to introduce you to some of the books I love. This tag bakes a cake out of our favorite books! Each ingredient has a meaning, and a corresponding book. You'll see what I mean when you start reading more, so let's jump right into it!

Flour 
a book that was slow to start off, but picked up as it went along


The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling [BUY]

J.K. Rowling seems to be an expert at starting books off slowly. I remember Harry Potter being painfully boring at the start, but I always raced to the finish once we got to Hogwarts. I did end up enjoying The Casual Vacancy, but it was definitely a slower read. I do recommend it despite its mediocre rating.

Butter
a book with a rich and great plot


She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb [BUY]

I've not read this book for years, but it is one of my all-time favorites. To this day I am still amazed at how a male author was able to develop such a deep female character. She's Come Undone follows the protagonist throughout her life, and doesn't skimp on any details. It's hyped for a reason! 

Eggs
a book you thought was going to be bad, but turned out to be enjoyable


The Rules According to JWOWW by Jenni "JWOWW" Farley [BUY]

I only purchased this book because I went to JWOWW's book signing. In fact, you can read all about it HERE! While this book is no literary masterpiece, I found it quite fun to read, and I was surprised at some of the great advice JWOWW gave her fans. If you're a Jersey Shore fan, make sure to grab a copy! 

Sugar
a very sweet book


In the Bag by Kate Klise [BUY]

I recently read this book, and it was super adorable! You can read my full review HERE, but I will say that if you're looking for a fun and quick read filled with non-sickening love, this is a great choice.

Icing
a book that covered every element that you enjoy


Panic by Lauren Oliver [BUY]

My taste in books has changed a lot over the years, but Panic definitely sums up everything that I love: a page turner that is easy to read, and filled with action-packed surprises, complete with a solid ending. Those elements may not make up the best book, but since I read hundreds of pages a week for school, something light is great. Otherwise, it takes me forever to read a book, and I end up forgetting the story each time I pick it up again. 

Sprinkles
a book series that you turn to for a pick-me-up when you're feeling down


Sweet Valley High [BUY]

Growing up I used to love getting Sweet Valley books from the library. If I'm in a reading slump, or just want something I can whip through in a few hours, I pick up a Sweet Valley High book. Each can be read as a stand-alone story, so there's no need to read them in order. I own a few books from the series, and I've loved them all!

Cherry on Top
your favorite book so far this year


Something Real by Heather Demetrios [BUY]

You already know how much I love this book! If not, read my full review HERE. I'm so glad I picked this book up, and love that I have a signed copy! I'll definitely be reading it again at some point.

That's it for the Book Cake Tag! I hope you enjoyed it! Please make sure to follow OpenLetter2NYC – just check out the sidebar for details. Also feel free to leave me a comment with your answers to these questions! 


This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own. See my Disclosure Policy for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment